Friday, December 10, 2010

Monmouth Coffee Company

27 Monmouth St
City of London WC2H 9EU
020 7379 3516
Underground: Tottenham Court Road
Open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm
As I was wandering around Covent Garden the other day in the snow I decided I needed some coffee to warm me up so I checked out Monmouth (they use to roast their own coffee beans in the basement of this store).  I walked in and was surprised at how small it was, but how well they managed everything within such a small place.  All the food looked very tasty, the staff seemed happy, and the place was very well lit. They even had some cute church like benches/booths in the back for dine in.
I decided on a ham and cheese croissant, but was a little disappointed when they told me that they couldn't warm it.  For my coffee I went with a decaf cappuccino both for takeaway. I paid my £4.70 and was later given the smallest to go coffee that I had ever been handed (think not much bigger than an espresso shot size).  I looked at it and then back at the lady and said, "Is this it?" she smiled and said, "Yes".  Soooo note to self if I go back there I will more than likely dine-in with hopes of receiving a bigger portion.  Since both were good I'd probably go back.  Geez, London is expensive. 
Cheers,
WMMc

1 comment:

  1. I smell the makings of a Monday Morning Coffee gathering! Especially if we can score a pew!

    ReplyDelete