Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Eating my way through Nashville

Last week I surprised my grandfather and mom with a trip home for their birthdays... However, with the amount of treats that I ate over the week you would have thought it was my birthday...

I started with Chik-fil-a... I usually only get a kids meal, but I splurged this time and got an adult size meal with an adult size SWEET TEA ( I never do this!)  It was delicious!
Stop #2: Waffle House!! I got my usual... coffee, bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on wheat bread, and a plain waffle. All were delicious!
Waffle House

Waffle House
Stop #3: Marche for dinner and also for brunch! I LOVE THIS PLACE! It's by far the one place I miss the most when food is involved.  I forgot to take pictures of my dinner, the most delicious mushroom risotto ever!  I did remember to take pictures of my brunch though! Sausage and potato crepes covered in bechamel sauce and a side of croissant french toast and bacon (Yes, I ordered two meals!) I love everything about Marche.
Marche`: located off Gallatin Road...parallels with Woodland... East Nashville...
Stop #4: Germantown Cafe for my usual Plum Pork Tenderloins served with delicious mashed potatoes and crispy french green beans.  I also shared a beef and potato strudel covered in shallot and blue cheese sauce with a friend... oh yeah and a house salad with ranch dressing.  Yum! Yum! and YUM!  When we lived downtown we use to live above this restaurant so it holds a special place with me.  If you've never been ask for a window seat they have a great view of the Nashville skyline.
Germantown Cafe: located 5th Avenue North and Madison Avenue
To be continued... (all this food talk is making me hungry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment