Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 wish list

Happy New Year everyone....

We are back in London and trying not to be blown away by the crazy strong wind...  besides that I'm in the process of putting away our luggage, doing laundry, cleaning the flat, looking for healthy recipes to make this week and figuring out how to drop the 4 pounds I gained between our South Africa trip and the Christmas/Nashville eating...

Even though there was some weight gain we had a great time over the holidays catching up with a lot of friends that we hadn't see in a while and of course, spending quality time with family especially the little kids that have joined our family over the last few years.  Let's just say they all had me under their spell and made me their monkey until it was time for them to go to bed.  I played dinosaurs, race cars, kitchen time, chase me around the house until I fall and hit my head, Chuck E Cheese, and much much more.  No, I do not have the "I want kids" going on, I just really enjoyed playing with all the kids that's all.  At one point while at my niece's place I realized after 3 hours and it being time to go that I didn't even catch up with my niece instead I played with her kids the whole time, don't get me wrong I loved playing with the kids, but I really should have caught up with my niece. Shame on me.  Next time!

What did we get for Christmas? Nothing.  We don't do Christmas presents anymore... no need in it... We'd rather spend our time and money on spending time with the family.  If you aren't a kid we don't give presents...  It makes Christmas time a lot easier, stress free, and TONS cheaper.  HOWEVER, we do DO Birthday presents and our birthdays just happen to be in December and January (I get mine early :) ) soooo.... we got some very nice birthday presents... Mike got a very cool jacket and a kindle. My husband gave me some much needed swanky sunglasses... my mom gave me a generous iTunes gift card and so did my in-laws! SCORE!  Mike and I don't really need anything and we aren't really big "want-ers" unless its travel related so these were great gifts!

Wait, a second, I just realized I did get a Christmas gift... it was from the owner of a salon that I went to for years when living in Nashville, they sell "b Hairspray (in the pink can not the blue)" and I LOVE IT! It's the best hairspray that I've ever used. He knows I love it so he gave me a couple cans :)  How sweet!  If you are ever in Nashville be sure to get your hair cut/colored at Rodney Mitchell Salon located on 21st Ave in Hillsboro Village.

I was also given homemade chocolates from a lady in my hometown.  Margaret has made chocolates for me I'm guessing... 16 years or more!! Super sweet lady!!  It always makes me feel so special that even though she hasn't seen me in ages she still remembers me and cares enough to send me my favorite homemade chocolates to me through my grandmother.  Love you Margaret! Thank you!

Soo... now for my 2012 wish list:

Things I need to do:
  • lose the Christmas weight to prevent needing new jeans
  • take a language class... maybe Spanish or French
  • eat out less
  • exercise more
  • read more
  • go through my closet and get rid of everything that I don't really wear 
  • listen more, talk less
  • I'm sure there are more things that I need to do, but this is it for now...
Places I want to go:
  • Croatia
  • Iceland
  • Malta
  • Seychelles
  • back to Santorini
  • Norway
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Argentina
Things I'm looking forward to:
  • February I go LIVE on QVC (London) with Anna Griffin!! Guest hosting here I come!!
  • all the fun that we will have
Here's hoping 2012 can beat 2011, that'll be hard to do, but let's just see if it's possible!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment