Monday, January 9, 2012

The Wolseley

Yep, you read correctly, The Wolseley, it's been on my "want to go there" list basically since I was given the keys to our flat.  Today, was the day! I went!  A good friend and I high tailed it over there for breakfast.  I arrived and totally forgot that it's next door to The Ritz (which also reminded me that The Ritz's Afternoon Tea is on my want to go there list).  I walked in and was immediately impressed.  The hostess was super nice and we were sat in the middle and I sat in the chair facing the Ritz, not a shabby view, for 10 am.

I ordered the eggs florentine and my friend ordered 2 poached eggs and toast with tea.

Was it good? Yes, very.  Was it the best I ever had? Probably not, but it was cooked perfectly and I'd go back in a heart beat.  The place screams "I'm fancy" and it does it in a way without feeling too over the top or snobbish.  The floor is GORGEOUS.  All the furnishings and decor was perfect in my opinion.  Felt a bit like old school London and I really liked that.  Service was spot on and so was the price.  I had a single eggs florentine and a flat white for £11 that included tip.  Not bad for a fancy smancy London favorite. 

After spotting the American style blueberry pancakes at the table next to me I'm totally going back ASAP.

There was no Jude Law or Duran Duran sighting, oh well, maybe next time... 

Now for some pictures: (by the way, I was told there is a no photography rule... oops... luckily I was on the way out...with my pictures (smile))









No comments:

Post a Comment