Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Edinburgh

For St. Patrick's Day we hopped on a 4.5 hour train and went to Edinburgh, Scotland.  For a train journey this long I recommend the First Class cabin, it really does make a huge different. 

It was our 2nd time to visit the city and we were pretty excited.  The city is small, cute, and easy to walk.  The downside of this trip is that I felt like I had a cold coming on for a week or so, just my luck by the time we arrived I was feeling pretty rough I hung in there until about 8:30pm and then I had no choice, but to go to bed.  The cold was no longer "coming on" it was "there" and I felt like crud.  I was such a dud.  Poor Mike, I ruined his big St. P Day in Scotland.  He was so nice about it though so that really helped.

The upside to going to bed early was that our room was cute and colorful so I didn't mind being trapped in it for a while:
The Rutland House - overlooking Prince Street (the main street in Edinburgh)

Room #2 - The Rutland House

Room #2 @ The Rutland House


It also didn't hurt my feelings that I got to eat at Wannaburger again.  The burgers are pretty good there so I made sure to go back this trip.
Wannburger

Wannaburger

When you walk out of the hotel this is your cute view of the Edinburgh Castle - Can't beat the location of the Rutland House

No comments:

Post a Comment