Monday, September 27, 2010

Tunnel party

After the garden party Saturday some friends invited us to a party in some tunnel in London...  I am not a tunnel person. I like places with windows, visible exits, good lighting, lots of room. Being Claustrophobic can do that to a person. However, some how they talked us into going.  We get out of the tube station around 1030/11pm (which I will not name because I don't want you to find this jewel) and start walking in the freezing cold.  We arrive at this tunnel covered in graffiti and then eventually arrive at this door with two guys standing by it. We say Hi and walk in as if we are regulars. We then walk by some Port-a-loos and then out of no where we walk in this extremely cool tunnel and there is a cool band playing pretty good music (again I will not name the band out of fear you could find said jewel)  There were people there, but it was not crowded at all. There was another tunnel for seating, another for the bar, another for some theater seating (yes! theater seating!) and they even had a VERY OLD TIMEY typewriter that we all had fun with especially Mike. I won't get into what he was typing. Anytime I could not find him I looked at the typewriter first. If it would have fit in my purse it would totally be in my flat right now.  This tunnel is now one of my favorite places in London.  Don't worry tunnel you haven't seen the last of the McCooey's!


Here are some pictures that I took with my blackberry:
Cool band playing in cool tunnel
Bar tunnel aka "The Bunker" -6 beers+6 shots=£21 Yippee!
I really wanted to go in this room but it was blocked off. Next time I'm jumping the railing.
A friend asked me to take this picture. That dude was pretty interesting looking.
Sweethearts
Word on the street is that a very hip celebrity owns this place, but again won't mention said celebrity out of fear you could find this place.

We had so much fun! At one point we were even dancing and it felt good to know that we still had some moves.

I am so happy that our friends showed us this jewel! Thanks buddies! You know who you are! I'm also purposely not mentioning their names because you will ask them where the tunnel is and I don't want you to (no this is not mean, this is me being protective of our new cool place)


Cheers,
WMMc

No comments:

Post a Comment