Saturday, December 4, 2010

Charlie's Portobello Road Cafe


Charlie's Portobello Road Cafe
59A Portobello Road, Notting Hill W11 3DB
Underground: Notting Hill Gate

Monday morning 6 fabulous coffee drinking friends and myself checked out Charlie's Portobello Road Cafe around the corner from my place in Notting Hill.  I had read about it in someone's blog and thought I'd check it out. You'd think with it being so close that I would have already been there... Nope! Not until this past Monday.

I arrived, walked into this little alley/cove type hideaway and there it was simply adorable. Once I walked through the french doors I noticed the adorable rustic wood tables, chairs, a cute upstairs, the long list of items for offer on chalkboards, and a very nice staff (which isn't always easy to find in London).  This is how nice they were...We were there for 2.5 hours only had one large coffee each and a few had a muffin and they never said a word.

That's my group in the back wearing all the coats.

They even have a frequent coffee customer card so of course I snagged one of those because I'll be back!  Did I mention my very large cappuccino was only £2.25 that's pretty rare in London as well. That's a deal!  I even ordered Decaf and actually got Decaf (again rare).

See you again soon Charlie!

Cheers,
WMMc

1 comment:

  1. I've always seen the little sign outside of it but never went in. I would have never guessed it looked like that inside. So cute!

    ReplyDelete