Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holiday wrap up 2010

On December 17 we were one of the last few planes to fly out of Heathrow due to snow...
We took off an hour... missed our connection in DC.
I go to the desk for help and was told our plane is taking off and they booked us on a flight for tomorrow. I calmly looked at the lady and said "No".
Her supervisor stepped in and somehow got us on a plane that left in 6 hours...
We had no chose but to take it and wait...
What does one do with that much time in an airport? Celeb spot that's what. Mike spotted Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas of the Buffalo Bills. No pictures though for some reason it didn't cross my mind until it was too late.
We arrived into Nashville around 130am... What should have taken us 10.5 hours to get home took us 22 hours... ugg.... oh well, at least we made it.

We went to Buffalo for a few days to visit with Mikes grandmother, mom, dad, aunt, uncle and cousin Julie.  Julie took me to Grovers "Home of the Cheeseburger soup" that Guy Fieri visited for the show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I gotta admit it was pretty tasty! Didn't really care for their burgers though.

We also did a one day trip to Atlanta to visit our new nephew Liam, Brayden, Teegan and Dan. That trip was a bit much. Not only did we do 9 hours of driving in one day, but baby Liam was kind enough to give me his throat infection/cold. Such a sweet kid.

My Aunt Debbie and her daughter came to visit me one day which was really nice! I hadnt seen them in a long time so it was great to see them.

We ran a zillion errands, visited friends, my mom, and tried to eat at all of our favorite places. Oh yeah and went to the doctor because we got sick. Me more than Mike... some how that's always the case...

Now we are back in London and exhausted. Christmas 2011 needs to be a little more laid back.

One very awesome plus of the trip! iPads!  Mike and I both received an iPad from his parents for our birthdays! How cool is that?! It was a total shocker for me since my birthday isn't for another month. Good job McCooey Sr.'s!

Can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!

Happy 2011 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment