Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grand National Horse Race: Betting, Horse heads and Ballabriggs

Grand National Horse Race: Betting, Horse heads and Ballabriggs

Today was the big Grand National horse race. At 415pm GMT around 600 million gather around a tv somewhere in the world, place some bets and watch 30 horses race to the point of near death. In fact, 10 % of the horses do die during the race (very sad).

What else is sad is watching a horse who is winning "Ballabriggs" to be exact getting the sh*t whipped out of it by a tiny jockey.  I'm sure that horse is thinking, "Dude, can't you see I'm winning? Why are you whipping the sh*t out of me? That hurts, can you please stop?  Just doesn't seem right.  I'd like to get that jockey whip and do that to him for a solid 10 minutes like he did Ballabriggs.

I grew up with horses and some were the sweetest animals that I have ever been around so when you see a horse being whipped like that just for a race it is heart breaking.  When a horse is being trained and what they do to those animals is also heart breaking. I won't go into all that. Instead, I will share a great picture of my hilarious friend Colleen wearing a horse head.  Enjoy!  (Thanks, for the laughs Colleen!)
Don't worry no one whipped her.
Mike placed a bet and actually won. He actually bet on the winning horse "Ballabriggs
(now after learning that 2 horses died he regrets it)  Here is a picture of his winning ticket:
Ballabriggs all the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment