Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday Morning: Coffee, shopping, working and celeb spotting!

Monday Morning: Coffee, shopping, working and celeb spotting!


Yesterday I started with MMC (Monday Morning Coffee) with the girls at a place called "Lantana Cafe" near Tottenham Court Road station. You will here more about Lantana Cafe later...

The big news is that I walked from Tottenham Court Road station to Charlotte Street meaning to walk to Charlotte Place then walking to Charlotte Place. I finally found the coffee spot. I was feeling frisky so I order a flat white. Yep a flat white. Not a decaf people. Full on caff.  What did that do?

Well... It meant that I decided to walk some more... so much so that I walked from there to Selfridge's Department Store near Marble Arch then down Park Lane to the snobby Dorchester Hotel (I'm anti-Dorchester after that visit) from there I headed back to Marble Arch stopped at Pret a Manger for some soup with a plan of eating it in Hyde Park. Made it to Hyde Park and guess what NO SPOON. (insert sad hungry face here)

Oh well... s*it happens... so I sucked it up luckily I bought a mini baguette so I scarfed that down and headed down Bayswater hitting ever hotel I passed to tell them about my business "London in a Day".  A mean day in the streets of London! (not really, but it felt fun to say)

Anywho... I walked down Bayswater until it turned into Notting Hill Gate at that point I was 10 minutes from home... so I walked home...  All in all I walked about 3.5 miles.  It felt good. 

I even spotted a celeb at a cross walk "Joely Richardson" from Nip/Tuck the one who played Julia McNamara (I acted like I didn't know who she was even though I did and I was inches from her... If it was Hugh Grant I'm sure I would have made a fool out of myself or quite possibly asked him out for a spot of tea.)

Who is she? Daughter of Tony Richardson and Vanessa Redgrave, and granddaughter of actor Sir Michael Redgrave, she is the niece of Lynn Redgrave and her sister Natasha Richardson was also an actress.

Anyways... off to pick up a burrito.

2 comments:

  1. Saw Stella McCartney in our neighborhood last weekend. That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I wonder if she was over here visiting Elle McPherson?

    ReplyDelete