Thursday, March 11, 2010

Urban Living

Here is an example of what happens when you go from relying on a car to relying on public transportation.

Yesterday I decided I had to buy a full length mirror the reflection of ourselves on the glass of the shower door wasn't really cutting it anymore.

So I walk to the bus stop. Wait in the cold. Hop on bus 28 to Kensington High Street, then walk 5 minutes to Argos. Get the mirror. Carrying it in my arms back to the bus stop. Wait again for the bus in the cold. Get off walk home 12 minutes. Open box and the mirror is shattered. This means I must do the process again to exchange the mirror. I am now mad at the mirror and secretly thinking, "Do I keep the shattered mirror"?

So today I did it all over again. BUT THIS TIME I CHECKED THE MIRROR BEFORE LEAVING THE STORE.

I also stepped up my game and stopped at Pret for a BLT as my reward. Yes! I needed a reward!

Welcome to city living!

Cheers,
WMMc

1 comment:

  1. now you know how i felt taking 3 huge boxes to the post office in dc, in the snow. but you feel way more accomplished after hiking all over the city carrying a huge box than you do throwing it in your car. way to go my urban living friend!!! i think you deserve a cupcake, too.

    ReplyDelete