Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans.
I must say that this is my 2nd Turkey Day on foreign soil and it still feels a bit weird.
I'm not much of a holiday person. I'm more of a birthday and anniversary person so I'm fine with it being weird.  At least this year we know enough people to be going over to a friends house for a big pot luck feast. Thanks for hosting Melissa!

As for what I'm thankful for this year? I'm thankful that I have managed to keep the strength not to punch most of the people that walk the sidewalks in this country.  There is no sidewalk ettiquette here. Simpy Ridiculous. You know who you are and you need to start inching over when I inch over so that we can both pass and acknowledge that the other person exists.  Not this "I see you but I don't give a shit I'm not moving business" this is suppose to be a 50-50 kind of thing. We must all share the sidewalk.

Oh and as for the Trio's who walk a 4 person wide sidewalk and not budge an inch when they see two people walking towards them. well.... I hate you.

And to the people that bump into me so hard sometimes that it nearly takes my breathe and doesn't even acknowledge that it happened... well.... I hate you more.

ummm.... this posts is going wrong fast so I'll stop now...  The upside is tonight due to not needing/having a car all of us can have as many adult beverages as we want and no one has to volunteer to drive us home.  So that being said I am THANKFUL FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!

Hugs to my peeps. I miss you.

-Wendy

2 comments:

  1. On the top 10 list of The Lines of 2010:

    "I'm thankful that I have managed to keep the strength not to punch most of the people that walk the sidewalks in this country. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I totally feel your pain on this. I couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete