Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Paramount and Bar 23

This is blog post #501 and we're still in London!   

Now for the fun stuff...  Over the weekend I took the mister to Paramount (closest tub station: Tottenham Court Road) for dinner and also for drinks at their Bar 23.  This place has amazing views, a total 360 of London.  We arrived at 630pm so we could get a daytime view and also later during dinner to have the night time view from up there.  On the right side of the bar you can see from Battersea to Wimbley on the left side you can see the roof of the British Museum which is pretty cool, the London Skyline, Tower Bridge all the way over to London Eye.

The highlights:
The best view of course!
The Liberty Cocktail!! I can not brag on this drink enough. It was delicious!
I'm totally going back to the bar for drinks.

The low lights:
The food was not that great, average at best.  Presentation was superb, but not taste.  I wouldn't eat here again.
Service wasn't that great either.  I told the waitress that I had a nut allergy early on and then when I got my salad it had hazelnuts when it was brought to her attention she said that I needed to tell her that in the beginning... ummm, we did... but whatever... 
 It was also disappointing that my cheese souffle` was overcooked. At a place like that you don't expect such delicate items to leave the kitchen that overcooked.  I was starving so I didn't send it back (shame on me), but nonetheless, shame on them.
A tad pricey...

Now for some pictures to help paint a picture of what you can expect if you ever check this place out:
View from our bar seats

Paramount - Bar 23 cocktails

The dome to the left is the roof of the British Museum

overcooked Cheese Souffle`

red pepper fritters... they were ok, I wouldn't order them again.

Ravioli was just ok, their morel was way too sweet, I think they had soaked them in something they shouldn't have.  Entree portion size was small.

This did not look good to me, but Mike said it was ok. 

The view from our dinner table

Night time view from our dinner table



No comments:

Post a Comment