Thursday, May 20, 2010

Santorini, Greece (Oia)

Next to Mike,  Oia (Santorini) is the love of my life.  I fell in love at first sight and missed it the minute I got in the cab for the airport.

There are so many great things I want to say about this trip so I'm gonna need to break it down into a few blogs.  Today I will begin by sharing with you the place we stayed aka my new Home Away From Away (a girl can dream can't she?)

We stayed at the Ikies (www.ikies.com) and although I can barely pronounce it correctly I absolutely love this place and everything thing about it. The staff was out of this world amazing, to the point that I would totally invite them over to hang out and we could all be friends. Simply terrific people.  Even the other guests who we met were super nice and friendly.  I miss them already and can not wait to go back. No wonder they are #1 on www.tripadvisor.com. I wanted to give them all hugs upon our departure.

We stayed in the "House of the Sailor" where we learned sailing terms like "running rigging for the staysails and spanker the jibs" (or something like that).  Here are a few pictures of snazzy pad.



This picture is of the pool, it was located in front of our balcony but done in a very private way.



Our home away from home in Oia (northern part of the island)











View to the left of our balcony



The glorious view from the inside of our place... looking out into the caldera (where I later almost drown)










Downstairs area...We even had wifi! And a complimentary bottle of local wine waiting for us










Looking in from the front door

















The bed that assisting me in sleeping in my first cave house. I decided to be edgy and not make the bed prior to picture taking...











Oia loves steps... steps... steps... and more steps... these beauties allowed us to go to/from the upstairs area















View once your downstairs


















I loved this cave shower
















The bathroom...sorry for not picking up our dirty towels prior to picture taking... I was in a hurry...















And to save the best for last.... DRUMROLL PLEASE....

My daily breakfast on the patio... It came with our room (insert big smile)





I miss you Ikies! I hope to be back soon!

Cheers,
WMMc

3 comments:

  1. holy crap!!! that place is BEAUTIFUL!!! forget going there when we are old ladies, i'm thinking girls' trip 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We felt the same way about Santorini, can't wait to go back and definitely our favourite destination so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will need to go there every year for the rest of my life

    ReplyDelete