Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cooking in London

Since moving to London I have found an unexpected passion for cooking.
I tried to sign up for Cordon Bleu 2010 (www.cordonbleu.edu), but they were booked so now I'm on the list for 2011.

Until then I will just be playing around in my mini Notting Hill kitchen.

My plan: I pick 3 recipes that I've never tried on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then we use any remaining ingredients for Thursday and Friday dinners to minimize any waste.  Saturday & Sunday we usually eat out.  

I decide the menu for the week, Mike comes home and eats whatever I have created, I love that, it makes deciding what's for dinner so easy!

Here are a few more of my tasty creations:

Roasted Vegetable Tart

Hamburger Bread:
(a Raimonde/McCooey family recipe)
It's suppose to have black olives in it, but I don't like olives so I leave them out









Caprese Tart:
I wasn't a huge fan of this one, it called for onion marmalade and I think it made it too sweet, I'll leave that out if I ever make it again.










Overstuffed Roasted Veggie Sandwich with Feta on Ciabatta Bread











Chicken pot pie from scratch. Must of been good because it didn't hang around for long.

Next blog will be about my field trip to Richmond...Stay tuned...

Cheers,
WMMc

No comments:

Post a Comment