Thursday, August 19, 2010

Munich, Germany

The band at Hofbrauhaus, we scored a seat nearby...
I'm writing this at 1:17am because I can't sleep for some reason... so I decided to blog... We'll see how that goes...

Over the weekend we went to Munich, Germany and had a fabulous time. Mike said he thought it was one of the best weekend trips that we've had so far. I can't really disagree with that.

Friday we arrived. After a "slight detour" on trying to find our hotel...we finally arrived at our beloved Sofitel... They put us in room 420 which just happens to be a non-smoking room...something tells me that was done on purpose! Once again the bathroom really didn't have walls, it had translucent glass and definitely not sound proof. You could even slide the mirror over and look into the bedroom. That's just weird.

Here are some pictures of the Sofitel and room #420:



lobby
Isa Bar area
Room 420




So after we got settled...dropped our stuff off... Off we go to explore... IN THE RAIN!
We walked through the Marianplatz area first, it was cute, had our first beer and some horrible mushroom ravioli, so horrible that I found a hair in mine and had to send it back.
rain...
New Town Hall
After that I needed food. I will not even tell you were I ended up eating, but I will say that it was delicious. A rare treat.  Once the gremlin (me) was fed. Off to the Hofbrauhaus, which dates back to 1607 and is one of Munich's oldest breweries and probably the most popular.  It seats 4,000 and the night we were there it was really hard to find a seat.
We even made some German friends while we were there.

Shortly after this picture was taken Mike and I found ourselves walking back home and passing a McDonald's...so we go in and pig out. It was delicious, but at that hour what isn't delicious. Seriously! Mike saw the McRib on the menu and flipped out, you would of thought he had been given the Golden Ticket.  He was a very happy man almost like pregnancy glow happy. I'm really surprised that he didn't get two McRibs.






So on that note, I will say good night and share with you the rest of our Munich trip next time... Here is a teaser... BMW & Third Reich.

Cheers,
WMMc

1 comment:

  1. Hofbrauhaus is so much fun!! You are guaranteed to meet some interesting people there.

    ReplyDelete