Friday, August 20, 2010

BMW Museum


BMW Headquarters and Museum
The next day we wake up and head out to tour the BMW Museum!  Since the museum opened in 1973, it has met with international acclaim for its innovative and fascinating presentation of the car maker's company, brand, and product history.
BMW Welt
Both of us were really excited about this one.  We got there a little early and toured around BMW Welt (world) first which was amazing.
We looked into doing a Plant Tour, but they only do those Monday-Friday (disappointment here)...  So we cross the street and enter the Museum and it was glorious. The architecture was just as amazing as all the cars.  They did a fantastic job creating this place.  11am sharp we meet up with our tour guide Stefan and off we go!

BMW started out making airplanes
Then tried their hand at motorcycles
BMW's first car
Next big hit...The delivery truck
This idea basically helped to save BMW back in the day...
If I'm not mistaken this was the 1st race car
My favorite! THE 1955 BUBBLE CAR!
Cars of 007 below



 As you can kind of see in the picture above and below the museum is designed so that it looks like it consists of a bunch of different roads...
creating with LED lights
The entire museum is lit with these LED lights. Every single wall panel...
The 200 series! Americans loved it and sh*t started getting serious!
I could barely touch the ground..

Mike shopping under the name "Skippy"
So do I recommend visiting BMW? YES YES and YES.  To be honest I think I could go there every time I visit Munich.  I'll probably go back one day and do the plant tour for sure.

Until next time when I write about our Third Reich Tour... I bid you a zoom zoom...

Cheers,
WMMc

2 comments:

  1. I went on a weekend as well and was upset that we couldn't go on the factory tour. Your recap is great and makes me feel as though I was there with you guys! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley. We had a great time there. If only we could of all done the darn plant tour... One day!

    ReplyDelete