Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mildred's

45 Lexington Street, London , W1F 9AN 
020 7494 1634
http://www.mildreds.co.uk

Location: Very close to Oxford Circus Tube Station/Regents Street area
I ordered their sunblushed tomato and buffalo mozzarella risotto cake served with wilted spinach, green beans and grape mustard cream sauce 
It was delicious! This was my second time eating it and it was just as good as the first and definitely won't be the last.

Mildred's is a small place with weird bondage type art tiles on the walls...that doesn't take reservations so prepare to show up early and then wait about 30 minutes for a table.  No worries though because you can grab a drink at the bar, stand outside in the heart of Soho and people watch until your table is ready.

Mildred's exterior
The staff is excellent and out of the three times that I have eaten their I see familiar faces so that's always a great sign.  Prices are fair and the food is tasty!
Not the best angle, but this is the burrito. I've eaten it once, but this one is Mike's.
burrito filled with black turtle beans, corn and red pepper topped with tomato lime salsa, guacamole, smoked cheddar and sour cream served with leaf salad

 I must admit that I am a meat eater, but their food is so good here that I don't even miss it.

Can't wait to go back again! See you soon!

Yum,
WMMc


2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I'm a vegetarian and my school is close to their so I'll def be stopping by. Thanks for writing about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their dumplings, chocolate fondant and summer pudding were also good! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete