Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ginger and White

Monday coffee was at Ginger and White this week.
It's a VERY short walk from Hampstead Station (Northern line) What a cute neighborhood!
I haven't explored that area yet, but I AM GOING TO the next warm non-rainy day.

located at 4a-5a Perrins Court (a quiet pedestrian street off the high street)
London NW3 1QS

What did I think about the place?
-It was very cute
-It was very small
-It was very PACKED (does anyone work?)
-Very little space for walking
-If you sit on the couch like I did be prepared for the overhead light to blind you and make you think you are about to be water boarded at any minute.


What did I think about the wait staff?
-They were very nice and I cant believe I'm going to say this but almost overly attentive which is SOOOOO not the case in London.  They were great though. Loved everyone there.

What did I think about the coffee?
-I had a decaf cappuccino and YEP it was REALLY DECAF! It was £2.70 which is on the high side compared to other places.  I also did not really get a pretty design in my foam which made me sad because I look forward to those designs. Yeah, I know... its the small things in life.


What did I think about the food?
-Well, I'm usually the one that orders food... Not this time.  Although it looked good I thought it was all over priced.  A ham and cheese croissant was £4.50.  So I passed.

Tea?
my friends seemed to really enjoy their tea

my auto focus is messed up so please excuse any blurriness in the pictures...


P.S. They say this place is kid/pram friendly (the owners have a kid) but I'm not so sure of that on a packed day. The place was packed and with little room to walk around that big table in the middle I nearly stepped on a 1 year old.  So if you go, be extra careful not to squish a little guy or gal while it's learning how to walk and sip tea from a bottle (kidding about the tea in a bottle...well I guess I am... I'm not real sure what was in that bottle...)

Cheers,
WMMc

No comments:

Post a Comment