Monday, February 28, 2011

Bangkok Markets and More

There is SOOOO much to share that I'm going to do my best to give you a decent overview using pictures...Besides who doesn't love pictures?? I'd be lost without my camera.
daily set up ritual for Patpong Market
set up complete and Patpong night market is ready for business

Chinatown ~ BEST MARKET EVER!!! LOVED IT!!
About to enter the hottest and most awful market ever ~ Pratunam Market...located in "shady-ville" or a "colorful area" as I read on the internet... It's Bangkok's largest clothing market...
yep! thats real hair people! So if you ever need some or wonder where that long lost pony tail ended up... you will find it at Pratunam Market
one of the alley ways inside this hot and crowded market we found a lady praying and that included needing to burn special pieces of paper in a bucket located in a place with no ventilation. We saw a lot of people doing this...
Year of the Bunny... location... Siam Paragon (it's a fancy mall) It's one of the biggest shopping mall's in Asia
No toilet paper... just that kitchen sprayer... To all my friends who have made fun of my constant runny nose over the years which has required me to always have Kleenex on my person... don't you wish you had my kleenex now! I did not need to use that community sprayer I merely reached in my purse and pulled out my pack of Kleenex. Thank you runny nose!
Tuk Tuk rides... I constantly had Mike's voice in my head saying "Safety First"... so I never dared ride one. I probably should have, but we saw so many people with bandages that I decided that Safety First probably wasn't a bad idea... besides the Skytrain was sooo much faster and way less pollution in my lungs...
No worries... more Bangkok coming... hint... it involves a reclining buddha and some important palace...

Until then...

Cheers,
WMMc

No comments:

Post a Comment