Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pete Yorn: London Edition

Pete Yorn: London Edition

Thursday night we went to see Pete Yorn at Tutu's (named after Rev. Desmond Tutu) it is the Student Union of King's College (near Temple station).  I'm not sure what kind of venue that I was expecting, but it wasn't what I walked in to for sure.  It was basically a tiny bar and WE LOVED THAT!  Who doesn't love being at a concert of no more than like 200 people?!  It was fantastic!  We decided that we were going to get to the front (it was a standing only show) We hung out around the 3rd row center area and LOVED every minute of it.  He sang every single song that we like. It was pretty amazing! At one point Mike grabbed me and started slow dancing (too cute!).
I did not even have to zoom to take this picture of Pete Yorn

Not only did Pete play every single song that we wanted to hear, but at the end of the show we were about to walk out the door and I turned and saw a truckers hat I knew that no Londoner would be wearing a truckers hat so it had to be Pete and it WAS.  So I walked over and got a picture (insert big smile here)  I totally forgot to turn on the flash before handing my camera over to a stranger to take the picture, but with no flash the picture turned out pretty decent.
me and Pete

What a great night! Good music! Tons of smiles! Dancing! 
The sound was perfect! In fact, I've never heard Pete sound so good.
After we showed them our tickets they stamped this interesting stamp on our arm. Pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment