Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hummus Wrap Recipe

I have been asked to post the hummus wrap recipe... I can't find it... but I've made it enough now to where I think I can wing it...

  • Get your favorite wraps... I prefer the biggest I can find... warm/cold that's up to you... I do cold on these...
  • Get your favorite hummus and spread it all over it... edge to edge
  • then get some chick peas and chop them up into little chunky bits and then spread them all over... this will make a nice texture
  • then add some thinly sliced red onion (if you don't like red onion thats fine too)
  • throw on some quartered small piccolo tomatoes (or whatever tomato you have)
  • cut a cucumber (no seeds) into chunky cubes... to give a nice bite/texture
  • in a separate bowl dice up some red and yellow peppers and zucchini (courgettes) and throw those into a freshly made vinaigrette (my fave is a mustard, but a red wine or white balsamic vinaigrette would be nice to...just grab a recipe from the internet) let it sit for 30 minutes or if you are in a hurry at least 15 minutes... then spoon on the peppers & zucchini and even some juice if you like but not that much because no one wants a soggy wrap
  • then put on as much lettuce mixture... I like a mix of something, but whatever you have or like will work...except for crisp iceberg lettuce I think that'd be gross... try a mesclun mix or some rocket...
  • be careful on your portions because you still need to wrap this!
  • pull in the bottom and then pull one side over to the other and carefully slide one side back until you cant push the guts of your wrap back any further and then wrap it... if you need help holding it together just stick in a couple toothpicks (smile) Its not pretty but it sure beats the wrap falling a part. My wrap, is more of a burrito so the toothpicks are usually always needed.
  • Enjoy!

1 comment: