Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Elfin Oak

Yesterday my friend Emily and I went for an "exerwalk" in Hyde Park.  I never thought I would say this, but I live just down the road from it.  At the beginning of our exerwalk we stopped to check out the coolest tree that I have ever seen the "Elfin Oak"

Elfin Oak

Originally carved in 1911 and maintained for over 40 years by sculptor Ivor Innes

With grateful thanks also to Spike Milligan CBE and his friends whose interest and support enabled complete restoration of the wee folk, 1996.








Here are a few close ups to enjoy:


I'm a sucker for a good tree. If I were a teacher I would bring my class to see this every year so that we could all take a good long look at it, then head back to class and each of us make up a fun story about all the characters we saw.  I love a good imagination.
Creativity is so 2010.

Cheers,
WMMc

1 comment:

  1. i love that i'm starting to pop up all over this blog. also, my story would focus on the drunk guy passed out and dangling perilously over the edge of the tree. he'd just come back from richmond where he had too many radlers.

    ReplyDelete