Thursday, May 26, 2011

When being cheap is expensive!

When being cheap is expensive!

So this morning I crawled out of my warm bed and hopped a bus with my £10 Groupon voucher to Purity Spa located inside the Park Lane Hilton.  I was whisked away into a weird room with a blow up air mattress stand thingy used for none other than Fake Bake Spray Tanning.  Yep! I got a spray tan this morning.  The spray was SOOOOO cold, but I was tough.  Afterward, I looked down and holy cow I was TAN. I haven't been tan in over 5 years.  It felt so good, not good, AWESOME! Great! Terrific! I thought to myself "I AM HOOKED".  In and out in under 30 minutes.  The girls there were so nice! The self tanner does not even have a smell! Love it!

I never thought I should have checked the forecast before getting a spray tan, but apparently I need to next time.  After my spray tan I was out running errands and it STARTED RAINING! I was wearing a knee length dress so my calves GOT SOAKED. I looked down and MY TAN WAS RUNNING! OH NO!

Yep, the rain ruined my just sprayed tan! I thought, "Well I'll go home and use my self tanning lotion and smooth it out. NOPE! It made it worse.  So then I went to Boots (similar to Walgreens in the States) and bought some spray tan in a can.  I have to wait 6 hours before I can shower or I will ruin not only my legs from the knees down, but the rest of my tan. So when 6 hours rolls around I will be in the shower seeing what happens with the rest of this tan.  Then I will fix any needed tan repairs with the spray tan in a can that I bought at Boots.

I have a feeling that I will look like an arts and crafts project gone wrong by morning.

So whats up with the title of this blog: "When being cheap gets expensive"? Well...
Remember those errands that  I mentioned I was doing after my spray tan... well the last errand was to pick up my dress from the alteration shop.  The shop that was suppose to save me £5 pounds on having a hem shortened, but instead, cost me 3 bus fares, 4 walks there and back from my place and it made me get stuck in the rain and ruined my spray tan.  From now on I pay the upcharge and use the place next to my building.

P.S. After having them redo the hem, my hem is still not right, it's crocked! Geez!
Next week, my errand will be to find a cheap sewing machine.  

1 comment:

  1. You really should have your own reality TV show! I am so sorry to hear about your tan! I hope you can fix it enough that it evens out on your legs, at least up until your dress line!
    Let me know about sewing machine shopping, I need one too!

    ReplyDelete